They were easy to throw together and really good. I'll definitely make these again.
This recipe is taken from Simply Being Mommy
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 oz turkey pepperoni, diced
- 3/4 cup milk, 2%
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease muffin pan. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and oregano. Whisk in the milk and egg. Stir in the mozzarella and pepperoni and let stand for a few minutes.
- Stir the batter and divide evenly among the muffin cups. Bake until puffed and golden, about 18 to 23 minutes.
- Warm pizza sauce in the microwave for about 15 seconds or heat on the stove in a small sauce pan. Serve the muffins with the pizza sauce for dipping.
And an extra fun tidbit- Will liked them so much he decided he needed to keep one in his toy box. Fun!