Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Easy Meatloaf & Best Ever Sloppy Joes

This is another recipe I've had for years. I have no clue where I found it but I'm glad I did. It is YUMMY!

Easy Meatloaf
1.5 lbs Ground Beef
1 egg
1 onin, chopped
2 T prepared mustard
1/3 C Ketchup
1/2 C Milk
1 C dried Bread Crumbs*
(about 1.5 slices, torn into small pieces)
salt & pepper
1.5 C Brown Sugar

1. Preheat oven to 350degrees.
2. In large bowl combine Beef, Egg, Onion, Milk, & Bread Crumbs. Season w/ salt & pepper.
3. Form 6 balls & place them in greased 9x13 baking dish.
4. In a separate bowl, combine Brown Sugar, Mustard, Ketchup. Mix well & pour over meatloaf.
Bake 350 for 1 hour.
* Tear bread into crumbs the day before so they can get stale.
Or you can toast them in the oven at 200degrees.

Meatloaf

You can use packaged bread crumbs if you are in a pinch but using torn up pieces of bread makes a huge difference & is the way to go.

**This is Kristie- I'm hijacking this blog post to say that Alison passed this recipe on to me a few months ago and it has been a big hit at our house!  I love this meatloaf and had it on our menu for this week!  YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS ONE!  It's really sweet so of course your kids will LOVE it.  Ok, thanks for letting me interrupt!

Kristie, you just made me smile! I had no idea you were rummaging thru my draft recipes. :-)

Since I had extra hamburger meat I figured I'd give you an extra recipe.

Best Ever Sloppy Joes
from allrecipes.com

1 lb ground beef
1/4 C onion, chopped
1/4 C green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp prepared mustard
3/4 C ketchup
3 tsp brown sugar
salt & pepper

1. Brown ground beef & onion & bell pepper over Med heat. Drain off liquid.
2. Add garlic powder, mustard, brown sugar & ketchup. Mix thoroughly. Reduce heat & simmer 30 minutes. Season with s&p.



These recipes are easy, inexpensive, & tasty! 
~ Alison 

No comments:

Post a Comment