Thursday, November 17, 2011

Oven Roasted Asparagus

I love all oven roasted vegetables!  Even though it's not probably quite as healthy as steamed, I definitely prefer veggies caramelized in the oven.  Mmmmm... and oven roasted is really the only way to eat asparagus.  NEVER canned.  Ever.  Ew.  Don't do it.  And if you do, don't tell me about it.
I probably let mine roast a little longer than the average person would,
 I like them a little charred and crispy. 

What Ya Need:
fresh asparagus
olive oil
kosher salt
cracked pepper
Optional:  garlic or parmesan cheese!

What Ya Do:
1.  Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2.  Snap off the end of one of the stalks so you can see where the natural break would be.  Then line it up with the rest and just chop them all to the same size.  It will only be 1-2 inches.
3.  Place on baking sheet & drizzle with olive oil.  Just enough to cover evenly.
4.  Sprinkle with salt & pepper & and any additional toppings you'd like to try (garlic bits or parmesan cheese)
5.  Roast for about 15 minutes.  It should be tender, but not soggy and definitely not too tough
6.  Enjoy!

I could eat a whole platter of this by myself!

~Kristie

No comments:

Post a Comment