Thursday, November 10, 2011

Best Bean Chili & Freezing Chili Tips

Very few foods say "Hello, Fall!" more than Chili.

This recipe I found online years ago. I have no idea where. I think it was 2002. It's the only chili recipe I've made in almost a decade. I don't know how it'd stack up in a Chili Cookoff but me & my husband like it and nobody's ever said they didn't like it when I've brought it somewhere.

It's a simple recipe- Brown ground beef, open cans, dump stuff in, add seasonings, simmer, eat.

Best Bean Chili
1 lb Ground Beef
Ingredients & my little helper.

1.5 C Chopped onion
1 C Green Bell Pepper, chopped
1 t Minced Garlic
1 Can (15 oz) Kidney Beans, drained & rinsed
1 Can (15 oz) Pinto Beans, drained & rinsed
3 Cans (14.5oz) Diced Tomatoes w/Green Chilis
2 T Brown Sugar
1 T Chili Powder
1 t Ground Cumin



  1. Brown Ground beef in large saucepan (5-8minutes.) Stir in onions, bell pepper, & garlic. Cook 5 min more.
  2. Stir in kidney beans, pinto beans, and tomatoes. Season w/ Brown Sugar, Cocoa Powder, Chili Powder, & Cumin. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover & simmer 20-30 minutes.
  3. If it's too spicy you can add ketchup & brown sugar.


I decided to make a double batch so I could freeze some for another day. Freezing foods is super easy. See below for tips!

We made Italian Garlic Bread & Open-Face Cheese Sandwiches to go with it.


Chili! Add sour cream, crackers & cheese & you're good to go!

Thanks for reading!
 ~ Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment