Monday, November 14, 2011

1 Ingredient Ice Cream (but we used 3!)

Ignorance is Bliss.

I came across 1 Ingredient Ice Cream in a free E-Book called 5-Minute Recipes. It's published by the guys at Instructables.com.
My kids love making "Ice Cream"
I love making it because it's a banana & I don't feel overly guilty about giving it to them.
My husband, however, is not impressed. He's into sweets & his only comment has been, "That's NOT ice cream."

No. It's not.
But for my 4yr old & almost 2yr old, Ignorance is bliss!

3-Ingredient Ice Cream
adapted from 5-Minute Meals

2 bananas, peeled, frozen
2 T milk
something sweet to mix in it. (we used m&m minis tonight)


Eli had a food fight with himself at dinner
which is why he's shirtless.

In a food processor, add frozen bananas. (You may want to cut them up a little)
As it's blending add milk.
Add a mix-in.


Possible Min-In ideas: strawberry pieces, chocolate chips, nutella, peanut butter, coconut flakes, almonds, candy pieces, etc.
Think Marble Slab & be adventerous.
Okay, don't think Marble Slab but do give it a try. It may satisfy someone's sweet tooth.

~ Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment