Sunday, November 13, 2011

Recipe Fail: Nutella Cookies from Pinterest with Guest Chef David Ballard!

Last nigh we had our Thanksgiving Service at church. And we were asked to bring cookies.

I don't know why but for some reason I am a decent cook but I cannot bake to save my life.
My friend Kari Davis said that whether you prefer to cook or bake says a lot about your personality. those who like to cook are more go with the flow. Those who prefer to bake are more exact & precise.
I am definitely not exact or precise in the kitchen.

I had seen the recipe for Nutella Cookies pinned to a friend's board. I have Nutella. I have sugar, and flour, and an egg. Alright, we'll be making Nutella Cookies.
Our friends, the Ballards, came over for hamburgers & hot dogs after church. 

David helped me make cookies! Doesn't he look proud of his mixing abilities?!?

Our first indication that the recipe may not be so good was that the cookie dough was like little pebbles & not at all like cookie dough. It actually looked like taco meat.

But at this point we keep going.

They just didn't turn out good. They were really gritty, like the sugar never melted.

Pretty disappointing.
They weren't disgusting or anything, just not good.

It could have just been me & my inept baking ability. But the recipe said Add 4 ingredients. Mix. Bake. Pretty hard to mess that up. I dunno.

More pics of us & the Ballards hanging out.


Kristi losing at Mario Kart to a 4yr old.

3 boys playing & watching Mario Kart.
Thanks, David, for helping me make Nutella Cookies (even though they didn't turn out very good)!
~Alison

1 comment:

  1. Jeeze. I've been baking for 15 years and these are the worst cookies I've ever made. Glad I'm not alone in that.

    ReplyDelete