Monday, December 5, 2011

Braden's Pizza

I did not want to make dinner tonight & didn't want to go to the store b/c it's COLD out there!
So we did Dinner On Hand. What do you have in the pantry/fridge/freezer & how can you make it work? Dinner On Hand frequently requires creativity & an open mind.

Tonight we had Pizza & I let Braden pick the toppings.
Yes, his eyes really ARE that blue!

Remember that post where I decided that since I ask my kids to eat my grownup food that I can make & eat kid food sometimes?
... 
What my baby wants, my baby gets.
And tonight my baby wants pizza with Feta, Goat Cheese, Chicken Nuggets, Hard Boiled Egg, Chives, Green Onion, Lime, Lemon, & Pear.

Now, before you start thinking how gross this sounds let me show you a picture-














This is my husband IN ITALY eating a pizza w/Egg, Bacon, Capers & who knows what else on it. I don't know if they really eat obscure pizzas like this or if they just saw the Americans coming & decided to have some fun.

But, what's the worst that will happen? It's not very good. 
The absolute worst is that it's inedible & we make pb&j's.
What's the best that happens? The pizza is surprisingly delicious, my son has a sense of pride in helping me make dinner, discovers a joy of cooking, & becomes the next Wolfgang Puck.
I'm thinking the potential rewards outweigh the potential costs.
It's a calculated risk & one that I'm willing to take.


He choose all of the toppings. 

Adding Lime Juice 
Hot! Blow on it. (TWSS)

How Real Chefs Wash Their Hands.
Mmmm! Pizza!

Don't be afraid to try something new even if it may sound a little odd. It wasn't my favorite pizza toppings but my kids enjoyed it & Braden had FUN making it!
~Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment