Friday, December 9, 2011

Lady & Sons Pot Roast

I'm sitting here trying to think of something clever. 
... nothing.

Nothing clever or smart or particularly amusing this morning.


Okay, if I don't think of something I will disappoint Kristi Ballard who may be my only friend who reads the blog other than me & Kristie. 

That's not really true- We had 75 pageviews yesterday! Woo-hoo!


This is silly but I am very interested in our page views & the various stats of the blog.


I don't know if it's the marketing major coming out, the need for validation or just the fact that I'm a nerd but I LOVE #'s! Tracking #'s, seeing a trend in #'s, etc. 
When there's a day with lower #'s I wonder WHY?. What happened that day? Did we post anything? If so, did I promote it?
And the days when we have 75+ page views- oh baby! What posts were viewed? Why did people stop by? Was it a post worthy of 75 views? What brought them to the post- was it the pics, the recipe, the cleverness of the writing?
 Now, if only we could get more comments! That's be great!


Maybe after a year we can do a Best Of post. Right now my Spaghetti Squash with Almonds is my favorite post. But who knows what cleverness (if any) may come out.


Okay, since I've been accused of writing about things that have nothing to do with cooking (Jason!) I should probably get to it.


This recipe came from Teresa Tigner. It's been adapted for the crockpot. Thank you, Teresa!


Paula Deen’s Lady & Sons Pot Roast
adapted from Food Network/Paula Deen by Teresa Tigner

Ingredients
·                                 1 (3-pound) boneless chuck roast
·                                 1 1/2 teaspoons House seasoning, recipe follows
·                                 1/4 cup vegetable oil
·                                 1 onion, thinly sliced
·                                 3 bay leaves
·                                 3 or 4 beef bouillon cubes, crushed
·                                 2 garlic cloves, crushed
·                                 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
·                                 1/2 cup Chardonnay
Directions
Sprinkle roast on all sides with house seasoning. Using a skillet over high heat, sear roast until brown in oil. Place roast in a slow cooker, and layer onions, bay leaves, crushed bouillon cubes, garlic, and cream of mushroom soup. Add the Chardonnay and cover with enough water to cover all of the ingredients. Cook on the low setting for 8 hours.
House Seasoning:
·                                 1 cup salt
·                                 1/4 cup black pepper
·                     1/4 cup garlic powder


I'll add some pics once it's done cooking, oh, about 8 hours from now. :-)


Oh, and I'm thinking that I'm going to need a few ideas on leftovers. 
Any suggestions???

~ Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment