Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Kristie's Famous Meatballs

That's what we call them here anyway.  Even though the recipe came from my mom.  So they should be "Sandy's Famous Meatballs", but it's my house and Mom hasn't made them in a bazillion years anyway.  

Anyway, they are delicious, worth the time, and great for cold weather.

What Ya Need:
1 lb ground beef
1 C. italian bread crumbs (or regular)
2 eggs
1/2 C. parmesan cheese (powdered kind)
2 cloves garlic
1/2 C. milk
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 T. dried parsley or fresh if you have it

What Ya Do:

Mix all ingredients.  Roll into 1.5 inch balls and line them up on a baking sheet.  At this point, you can just pop them in the oven at 350 for about 20 min until done.  I always brown them in a pan first just b/c I like the crispy crust that makes.  Then I put them in the oven for a bit.  Just test one of the biggest meatballs to see if they're done.

Serve with sauce & spaghetti noodles of course!  They freeze really well and are great for leftovers.  

I'll be working on two more posts to be up soon:  Thousand Island Chicken (Success!) and Balsamic Garlic Herb Chicken Thighs (FAIL!).  

Make these meatballs and stay warm today!
~Kristie


2 comments:

  1. Braden was asking about SAM yesterday And I don't have a meatball recipe- well, I guess I do now! Thanks, we will be making these sometime soon.
    ~Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look totally yummy! Nathan is a meatball fanatic. He loves them. Do you make your own sauce or use a jar? I'm looking for a good sauce recipe.

    ReplyDelete