"Who are we to have stumbled upon the greatest cookie recipe in the entire world?"
I'm not kidding, but my husband and I ask each other this question every time we make these cookies. Which is a lot. Like every week.
It's the best.
Just trust me, mmmkay?
They are crunchy around the edges and chewy in the middle. I just ate two. I have been known to eat more. And we always have to make a double batch b/c Steven eats then entire first batch right when it comes out of the oven. So when you make these, just go ahead and double the recipe. You have all the stuff out anyway and you can freeze the dough.
Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies
Here's What Ya Need:
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1/2 cup butter or margarine (i use margarine)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
generous 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 C rolled oats
1 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
What Ya Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 & grease your cookie sheets
2. Sift together dry ingredients- flour, baking soda, powder, salt
3. Cream butter and sugars in a separate bowl
4. Add egg & vanilla and beat until light and fluffy
5. Add flour mixture and beat until thoroughly blended
6. Stir in oats and chips
7. Plop dough balls on cookie sheet and bake for about 10 minutes or until the edges are brown and crispy. (My oven runs hot, so 10 in mine may be 15 in yours)
Make these for the holidays!